Description
Aria 948
Aria 948

3-way floorstanding loudspeaker

The Aria 948 symbolises the return of the “true” acoustic loudspeaker. A new type of 3-way loudspeaker with 81/4’’ (21cm) speaker drivers effortlessly providing intense and controlled bass. The intention was a return to the very essence of acoustics for those who are passionate about music.

This is the ultimate loudspeaker of the range for rooms measuring from 320ft 2 (30m2) and from a recommended listening distance of 12ft (3.5m).

Register your product

15 reviews
Leave a review

Key points

• New Flax cone
  • New TNF tweeter
  • Speaker drivers developed and manufactured in France by Focal
  • Black High Gloss and Walnut finishes
  • Leather-finished body
Finishes
  • Black High Gloss Black High Gloss
  • Noyer Noyer
  • White High Gloss White High Gloss
Buy
News
Awards
Press

Focal in the press

Comments

09/14/2016

GREAT !!

07/21/2016

I want to be supported in warranty by a producer as my previous experience with B&W turned terrible as a local dealer disappeared and I could never repair the speakers due to lack of support from B&W.

04/10/2016

FOR THIS RANGE OF PRICE IS EXCELENT.GOES VERY WELL WITH NAIM

04/3/2016

NICE LOVE THEM

03/24/2016

VERY NICE SPEAKER

03/11/2016

Just beginning to unravel all these speakers have to offer, but the resolution of the tweeter, the accuracy of the midrange and the tight but powerful bass are just abundant.

02/28/2016

Son exceptionnel adapté aux grands espaces (Loft)

07/8/2015

I just love the full and direct sound of the Aria 948. I upgraded with this set from the also beautiful Aria 928 and for me it's the ultimate sound i was looking for!

05/21/2015

Very natural sound

04/14/2015

Good Quality Finishes and Natural Sound. Easy to drive. Family love the sound and tonal quality.

02/4/2015

Great open sound! You hear every good or bad detail, so I found it a little difficult to find a good room position and audio system.

11/14/2014

The best speakers i ever had.

11/4/2014

Great sound.

04/15/2014

These are heavy duty High Fidelity speakers. I have felt the difference in the base when compared to my previous speaker (Chorus 836). I am unable to comment on the performance, since they haven't reached the 'break even' yet and they sound very very different though. Over all appearance, built quality and the leather finish, is really appealing. I would love to listen to these again and again.

03/4/2014

Great audiophile-allround speakers! The 948´s will make me happy for a long time!

In the same range
Documentation
Line documentation